We wanted a heater for the van that work well in sub-freezing temperatures and didn’t consume a lot of electricity. This Camco Olympian Wave 6 definitely fit the bill. It puts out a massive amount of heat and uses no electricity at all. The only downsides are that it has no thermostat to turn itself off and on and it consumes too much fuel if you only have a small 11-lb bottle like us.
Check Latest Price: www.amazon.com
Manufacturer's Website: www.camco.net
Purchase Date: July 23rd 2018
We Got Ours By: Full-Priced New Purchase
We Paid: $260 (USD)
Lowest Price: $230 (USD)
Highest Price: $260 (USD)
This is a great option for someone who carries larger propane tanks that need to heat a good sized camper or a small cabin. It is extremely efficient but just be aware that outside of the setting that control the level of fuel it uses, there is no temperature control. I would also only use this while you are awake even though there are sensors to protect from propane leaks.
Would We Recommend it? Yes
- Very efficient
- Produce a lot of heat
- Uses zero electricity
- Safe to use indoors
- Easy to install
- No thermostat controls
- Needs to be protected when not in use
- Radiant-only heat so it will not circulate
- Adjustable from 3200 to 6000 BTU/hr allow it to be used as a secondary heating source
- Wave heaters operate on low pressure gas, and can be wall mounted or used as a portable unit
- No electrial drain or battery connection make it the ideal solution for boondocking and dry camping
- Dimensions (H x W x D) 21.25 x 15 x 4, 3/8 inch male flare SAE connection on heater
- Equipped with a safety shut-off valve to help prevent accidental non-ignition fuel discharge
Dale Fair · March 23, 2021 at 2:07 pm
Can a thermostat be added to this? Olympian Wave 3 Propane heater?
Dan · October 22, 2021 at 7:21 am
no unfortunately not.